Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme – This becomes more problematic when it comes to accessing higher education. The Government of Pakistan recognizes these limitations & has tasked the Higher Education Commission to facilitate needy and deserving students through need-based scholarships. Scholarships have been announced for financially disadvantaged students from up to 100 public sector universities and their campuses.
The scholarships aim to improve the socioeconomic status of students. Pakistan has no shortage of talented youth, but in several cases, a lack of resources prevents them from realizing their potential by providing them with the opportunity to obtain modern education and career opportunities for a better future. Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme
Prime Minister’s Youth Laptop Scheme It is an established fact that the economic development of a country is determined by its intellectual capital. Pakistan is characterized by the fact that almost 63% of its population is under 30 years old.
Prime Minister’s Youth Laptop Program The Government has realized the importance of this fact and has initiated specific programs to harness the potential of the youth, reduce unemployment by providing them with adequate skills & flourish an entrepreneurial culture.
This youth surge will have a critical impact on Pakistan as a country if not addressed properly, depending on how the country invests in the youth by providing them with quality education. education, employment & meaningful participation opportunities.
Introduction to Phase III (2023-24)
The Honorable Prime Minister of Pakistan announced that the government will provide laptops to talented students. The project aims to provide opportunities in the form of laptops to young and talented students studying in public sector higher education institutes (HEIs) across the country & in Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
The project has been approved by ECNEC, as Phase III of the Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme for Youth (PMYLS). In this regard, 100,000 laptops would be awarded to talented students on merit through a transparent online system. In the past, the Higher Education Commission has successfully implemented two such schemes.
|BISP 8171 9000 November Payment Update From Government|
|BISP NSER Registration For InEligible has announced|
In the past, the Higher Education Commission had executed two schemes (PM National Laptop Scheme, Phase I and II). Under PMNLS scheme II, the HEC Higher Education Commission was the implementing agency of the program.
Around 500,000 laptops have been successfully distributed through a transparent online system in public sector universities and technical colleges, including federal universities and FATA. To maintain transparency, the information was published publicly on the HEC website.
Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The number of places will be decided by the universities taking into account the current year’s budget.
- Funding for places will be maintained throughout the duration of the program. If a student drops out, he will be replaced by other candidates on the current year’s waiting list.
- All disciplines will remain open. The selected university will decide whether to include or exclude any discipline taking into account its scholarship, cost of the program, number of places assigned, etc.
- For Medicine, Pharm-D, and other five-year programs, funding will be available for the entire program.
- Taking into account the allocated grant, the university can adjust the total number of scholarships to a certain extent to cover the university tuition.
- In addition to the university tuition, each scholar will receive a stipend of Rs 6,000 per month throughout the program.
- Those students who gain admission through self-financing are not eligible for the HEC Need-Based Scholarship Programme.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for study at the university level in all disciplines at Pakistani public sector universities and degree-granting institutions selected by HEC.
- Students must compete for admission to the participating institution based on the institution’s admissions policy and be enrolled in undergraduate programs (4-5 years). Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme
- Students with financial needs who are already enrolled at participating institutions are also eligible to apply.
Distribution Strategy/Selection Criteria:
- The exclusive responsibility for verification falls on the University Focal Person.
- Any discrepancy found in the student data will be modified accordingly by updating/editing the student data after obtaining the student record from the Institute or the student himself.
- The focal person, depending on the nature of the request, may disapprove or verify the student or make the correction within a certain period of time. Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme
- Each Institute will receive its share of laptops based on a predefined quote as described in the eligibility and merit criteria.
- Once the deadline for HEC verification expires, the automated process will be executed in the System to generate merit lists for each University by HEC.
- HEC will then share the provisional merit list among the institutes for cross-verification and the institutes will verify it to respond within 15 days.
- Once the student has submitted their application online (before the deadline) through the HEC online portal. The system can then filter eligible and ineligible students accordingly.
- The focal person of the concerned department will verify the details of the student through his or her online focal person account, specifically, name, CNIC, department, qualification level, percentage of last exam/CGPA, etc. Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme
- After removing discrepancies from the provisional merit list, if any, HEC will share the final merit list among the Institutes accordingly.
- Each Institute shall display the final merit list on its notice board, website, or social media page with a schedule for its distribution.
- Likewise, the Final Merit Lists will be published on an online portal, where each student and the general public will be able to check the merit status of each individual. Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme
How to Apply
- Please note that those students who are already enrolled in the university can also apply for the scholarship.
- Please note that under this scholarship scheme, HEC does not transfer funds directly to students. Payment is made to students through participating universities/institutions. You can apply online from the official website Prime Minister’s Youth Program. Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme
Head Office, Sector H-9, East Service Road, Islamabad
UAN: (051) 111-119-432
Feedback & Complaints
In case students have any comments or complaints related to the program or their eligibility, students can register their complaints with the Grievance Redressal Committees (GRC) that have been constituted for the purpose or they can contact the Super Focal Persons of the University. Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme
Who is eligible for the laptop scheme 2023?
To be eligible for PM Laptop Scheme 2023 in Pakistan, students must be enrolled in a recognized public university. Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme
What is the laptop scheme 2023?
The Prime Minister’s Youth Program Laptop Program 2023 will provide a free laptop to students of government institutes, students of private universities & students of technical colleges on merit.
How much GPA is required for the laptop scheme?
Undergraduate and postgraduate students must have at least a 2.5 CGPA out of 4.0 in the current or previous degree. School and college students must score a minimum of 70% to be eligible for the laptop program. Prime Minister’s Laptop Scheme